WRECK KEC or in other words, DTM is a military transport ship of II. of the World War, submerged on the Piran – Strunjan route.
It is 2,9 km from the Madonna Cape in Piran, in the north, 16 degrees east. Very little is known about the wreck itself. It is known that it belonged to the Italian army and that it was probably sunk in the spring of 1945. The iron ship’s shell is 47.3 m long and 6.10 m wide; it has three smaller engine hubs and two rudders.
It lies on deck, on a sandy bottom, 24 meters deep, slightly inclined to its left side and with its right side sludge into sludge. In 1984, Zvone Kralj, the leader of the Piran aquarium, drove an archaeological diving team to the boat, which reported that there were scattered ammunition, sacks filled with some white matter and containers in the vicinity of the ship and below it.
A few days before the first visit to the archaeological diving team, somebody drove the ship’s cannon, whose footprint at the bottom could still be seen, and the second cannon, with the intervention of Zvonet Kralja and the police, came to the Naval Museum in 1985. For the Maritime Museum, the diving team raised a parachute glider with a parachute, an ammunition box, and cutlery and a muffler. The team was localized, photographically documented. The shape of the ship and its cross section were graphically documented by sonar.